Tuesday, May 3, 2011

2011 Summer Intern at The Beck Cafe/Beck Center for the Arts!!

I am SO excited for this summer because I am staying in Ohio to take a few classes, work, and to gain experience in the field of Public Relations! I had an interview yesterday morning at The Beck Cafe in Lakewood, Ohio and I thought that the interview could not have gone any better. The Beck Cafe is located within The Beck Center for the Arts and it is beautiful. There is artwork on the walls placed at eye level and higher, there is a waterfall behind the counter where coffee and tea is served, and the wheelchair ramp is a fish tank. Yes, a fish tank is underneath the wheelchair ramp!

As a summer intern for The Beck Center, I will be updating the facebook page, keeping up with their Twitter page, serving coffee, selling artwork, and assisting with music promotions. I am SO excited!!! I start on Monday morning at 7:30am and usually I do not see the world until after 8:30am but I will adjust to the time change.

Here is the link to The Beck Center!    http://www.beckcenter.org/

Here is the link to The Beck Cafe! http://www.beckcafe.com/beckcafe.com/Welcome.html

2 comments:

  1. Well, guess I have to come and stalk you and your amazing wheelchair-ramp-fish tank. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds awesome lynnea!

    ReplyDelete